Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Possible to set layout container padding for left & right to different value

Old Sep 8, 2009, 07:44 PM
dixieprosser

5 posts · Sep 2009
Phoenix, AZ
First of all....LOVE this theme - "theme" doesn't do it justice compared to the other stuff out there. I'm definitely going to send some love via Paypal....

Hopefully this is an easy answer but I haven't been able to find it asked anywhere yet...I'm trying to make a site where the content (header, nav and page content) is off center from the background image. So I need a left container padding of 310px and a right of 140px (with the page content being 574px, I'm designing for 1024).

I figured out how to put in one value that affects both sides under "Overall Styling & Config-style LAYOUT". I tried putting in "padding-left: 300px; padding right: 140px;" - but it just pulls the last number value and renders that. If this is something I can set in the code, what file is this located in?

I'm not a programming expert but can understand some php so I'm not afraid to go in there, just have no idea where to look. I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.1. Thank you!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 09:52 PM
dixieprosser

5 posts · Sep 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I found it....kindof a "duuhh" moment....for anyone else trying to do something similar - just ignore the left/right padding section (I set to nothing, not a zero) at the very bottom, and put your "padding-left: XXpx; padding-right: XXpx;" statement in the Layout Container Styling section immediately above.