Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

The post itself split in two columns

Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:31 PM
ride2esc

22 posts · Jun 2012
The post itself split in two columns

Hello
Who can help me with a information?

I want some things.

The post (but only the post itself, not the category or other pages) to be split in 2 columns but by default.
In left column i want the text of the post, and in the right column i want to be the featured image with custom size as: 250x352.

Like in the printscreen I attached.
How i do that?
I use the latest WP and latest ATA.
Thanks in advance

Click image for larger version

Name:	forum-ata.jpg
Views:	1305
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1961

Last edited by ride2esc; Jul 27, 2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:39 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Here are a couple of plugins that may help.
Site Layout Customizer
Drag and Drop Builder Plugin (their themes aren't as flexible as Atahualpa but I like their plugins)
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:15 AM
ride2esc

22 posts · Jun 2012
Thanks lmilesw but i think is not what i would like.
I thought you can tell me what file i have to edit to arrange only the post to look like in my printscreen
Thank you
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you want to do it within the theme, you will have to create a template to do it. You can use index.php as a basis and or look at the 'multi column/custom query' template (inclded as of 3.7.7) - you will have to do some custom editing.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:19 AM
ride2esc

22 posts · Jun 2012
I am not that good.
For index - i have a custom homepage.
I thought is like html:
A table:

<table width="500" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td width="250" height="94" valign="top">The left column for post with text and body..</td>
<td width="250" valign="top">The featured image with a custom width and height..</td>
</tr>
</table>

I just don't know what is the file to edit only for the post. Not for entire site. I like the categories and hompage.
Can anyone tell me how? or what will be the code to do that?
Thank you so much
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:14 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It's not a matter of being "that good". That is the way a database driven site works. You would have to build a page template and apply it to the posts you want or use one of those plugins.

If you only want one post formatted a particular way though you could just use the HTML editor in the post and put in a table if you like.