Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Spacing after h5 tag

Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:39 PM
shalinisridhar

18 posts · Sep 2010
Hello
I am working on a static site. I placed some text inside a div tag. I disabled the Title option from Atahualpa - display:none.
Now when i need to have a title I use the header tags to set it the way I want. I have been playing around with the HTML /CSS inserts where the header tags can be styled. However I get this large space after the title (that i set using h5). How can I reduce it? Both the header tag title and the paragraph after that are inside a <p> </p> tag. There is no <br> inbetween them. Where can i reduce the spacing after this? Do i do this in Atahualpa or in the page html itself?

Please see attached screen shot.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BFA_Spacing.jpg
Views:	1679
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1959  

Last edited by shalinisridhar; Jul 23, 2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
WBA version of atahualpa and WP?
What is the URL?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:40 AM
shalinisridhar

18 posts · Sep 2010
Hello JuggleDad

I am using WP version 3.4.1 and Atahualpa 3.7.7.
My site is still in the stages of infancy. Here is a link to a TEST page - It is not linked to any other page on the menu for now. http://shalinisridhar.com/breeze/?page_id=232 -

Thanks!

There was another query I had posted regarding usage of permalinks for this static site. If i can ask you here. Could you please also tell me if the using a Page id is better than page/post name for the permalink structure? Will my SEO be affected if i used Page ID only? Thanks again!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 04:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the h5 has a 'margin: 0.2em 0;' in the CSS Inserts that is shorthand and will assign a .02em margin to the top and bottom. You might want to change that.

Quote:
tell me if the using a Page id is better than page/post name for the permalink structure
think about this for a second, how man people will search using '?p=34' to find something on your site?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 04:50 AM
shalinisridhar

18 posts · Sep 2010
Thanks for the tip. I think I got it to the size I want.

Regarding permalinks - I def want to use page names that are more descriptive, but since WP came with this option, i wanted to know if this is important for some other reason. I think it has to do with post numbering that I read somewhere but not sure about it. I am not going to be working with posts, but only pages and plugins for now.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
every post/page is stored in the DB using the post/page ID which is a number - that is the default. Numbers are pretty meaningless in seo which is why you can change the permalinks so they are more readable (and better for seo)

p.s. your site will stil be a dynamic site, just with static information.
a static site the html is stored on the server
a dynamic site, the html is built when a request for a page is made <- this is what wordpress does
though you can add a caching plugin to cache the pages....

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 28, 2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 04:16 AM
shalinisridhar

18 posts · Sep 2010
Thanks for the info JuggleDad. That helped a lot!