Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to set width of custom widgets in logo area

Old Jan 8, 2012, 08:43 PM
TraciBunkers

32 posts · Jan 2012
[SOLVED] How to set width of custom widgets in logo area

I created a custom widget for my logo area, made up of 2 cells. I would like to specify the width of Cell 1 (on left) to 735px, and cell 2 (on right) to 200px, with 25px between. If I set up the width of cell 1, everything else should be fine.

This is what I have in the configure area for it.

Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=logo widget area&cells=2&align=9&align_2=3&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="logo-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

I looked in firebug to get a clue, and I can see that area is set up as a table.

table id: logo_widget_area
table class: bfa_widget_area

td id: logo_widget_area_1
div id: text-25
class: logo-widget widget_text nm

Thanks!

Last edited by TraciBunkers; Jan 8, 2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: clarified where I had the code
Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:04 PM
TraciBunkers

32 posts · Jan 2012
I looked at the info again for creating a custom widget, and realized I missed that you could specify the width! So here's what I have for my custom widget, and it fixed my width issue for cell 1:

Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=logo widget area&cells=2&align=9&align_2=3&width_1=735&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="logo-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>