Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to remove Entries RSS, Comments RSS, and Wordpress.org on sidebar

Old Jun 20, 2009, 07:42 AM
streetx

3 posts · Jun 2009
I would like to have Meta on sidebar, but I just needed the Login, Logout and Register instead of Entries RSS, Comments RSS, and Wordpress.org.
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	3416
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	166
I had go through http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ents%26quot%3B, but I still don't understand how to remove. Anyone can explain to me. Thank you.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:08 AM
shedhed

52 posts · Mar 2009
Bramhall, UK
You will need to modify a Wordpress file for this.

It's wp-includes/widgets.php

Code:
/**
 * Display meta widget.
 * Displays log in/out, RSS feed links, etc.
 * @since 2.2.0
 * @param array $args Widget arguments.
 */
function wp_widget_meta($args) {
	extract($args);
	$options = get_option('widget_meta');
	$title = empty($options['title']) ? __('Meta') : apply_filters('widget_title', $options['title']);
?>
		<?php echo $before_widget; ?>
			<?php echo $before_title . $title . $after_title; ?>
			<ul>
			<?php wp_register(); ?>
			<li><?php wp_loginout(); ?></li>
			<li><a href="<?php bloginfo('rss2_url'); ?>" title="<?php echo attribute_escape(__('Syndicate this site using RSS 2.0')); ?>"><?php _e('Entries <abbr title="Really Simple Syndication">RSS</abbr>'); ?></a></li>
			<li><a href="<?php bloginfo('comments_rss2_url'); ?>" title="<?php echo attribute_escape(__('The latest comments to all posts in RSS')); ?>"><?php _e('Comments <abbr title="Really Simple Syndication">RSS</abbr>'); ?></a></li>
			<li><a href="http://wordpress.org/" title="<?php echo attribute_escape(__('Powered by WordPress, state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform.')); ?>">WordPress.org</a></li>
			<?php wp_meta(); ?>
			</ul>
		<?php echo $after_widget; ?>
<?php
}
Find the above bit (starts at line 839 on mine) and then delete those links you don't want from the opening <li>........to the closing</li> of that link.

I would save a copy of your original with another name just in case. Remember that upgrading Wordpress will overwrite these changes.

Or you do as Flynn suggested and remove the Meta widget completely and put the Login in the footer. Alternatively there are Wordpress plugins that substitute the meta widget e.g.:-

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...e-meta-widget/

or

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/minimeta-widget/

I haven't tried any of these - check them out first.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Last edited by shedhed; Jun 20, 2009 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Old Jun 20, 2009, 09:32 PM
streetx

3 posts · Jun 2009
Thanks shedhed, I able to disable that three link by using MiniMeta Widget. I prefer MiniMeta Widget.

Before install the plugin, I had go through the wordpress\wp-includes\widgets.php but I not able to get function wp_widget_meta($args) in the code.

Is it because new version of WORDPRESS?

Version:
Wordpress, 2.8
Theme, Atahualpa 3.2

Thank you.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 12:54 PM
shedhed

52 posts · Mar 2009
Bramhall, UK
Yup, it's changed in WP 2.8. I've just done a search on my files in 2.8 and the meta stuff is now located in default-widgets.php in wp-includes at line 273.

Apologies for sending you in the wrong direction.

Andy
Old Jun 21, 2009, 06:49 PM
streetx

3 posts · Jun 2009
Hey friend don't said that, you had helped me a lot. Thank you

I being tracking for the file for few days but resulting failed. XD