Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Duplicate Content Alert And A Feature Suggestion

Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:51 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
Hi guys

First time poster, but a long time lurker - thanks to all those who asked the same questions I wanted to ask in the past, and a bigger thanks to those who answered them (namely Flynn and Juggledad)

Today I realized something I never noticed before - 'older comments' links aren't noindex or nofollow links

As it is, along with older comments, they return a full content page/post, which brings up a duplicate content issue

Any idea as to how to solve this, and do you guys have that in the works for future versions?

Thanks guys, y'all rock!

-Fly
Old Sep 14, 2010, 04:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
can you point to an example
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 03:41 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
Hey there Juggledad

Sure, I have a page right here:
http://www.ivanbudimir.com/flip-vide...arging-paused/

basically, the 'older comments' link at the bottom of the post is a regular link. I checked out the page it leads to, and there is no nofollow or noindex in the header there either

WP 3.0.1
Atahualpa 3.4.4

Here is another one with a more recent version of Atahualpa. I just set up a testing page and threw a bunch of comments to see what happens:
http://www.hallowvillemanor.com/test/

WP 3.0.1
Atahualpa 3.5.1

Sorry, I don't have any sites with V3.5.3 that I actually own, so I can't demo it. But while installing it for others I haven't seen any options for this in the theme control panel so I assume it's the same as earlier versions

Thank you soooo much for looking into this
Old Sep 21, 2010, 01:55 AM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
<Bump>

Any thoughts?

-fly
Old Sep 21, 2010, 03:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Atahualpa is calling a couple WordPress functions to handle the next/previous pages and next/previous comments. Those functions are actually building the <a...>. That is where a change would have to be made.

Look in link-template.php in the wp-includes folder (version 3.0.1)
function get_next_posts_link - line 1483
function previous_posts_link - line 1576
function get_next_comments_link - line 1678
function get_previous_comments_link - line 1723

You might want to post this as a suggestion at WordPress.org
Old Oct 1, 2010, 04:27 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
Thanks Juggledad.

Unfortunately php is a tad over my head, but I did submit the suggestion to WP guys