Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

adsense plugins dont seem to work

Old May 6, 2009, 03:52 AM
ronald73

3 posts · May 2009
Smile adsense plugins dont seem to work

I've installed and tried a few of the wp adsense plugins to have them automatically insert an adsense-ad at the bottom of each post. When I activate them, they work on the pages, but not in posts. I've tried them on other sites and themes and there they do work, so I guess it must have something to do with Atahualpa.

Can anyone explain how I can get those plugins to work with atahualpa and posts?

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 26, 2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old May 7, 2009, 12:42 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Use the newest theme version, and let me know which plugin

Also here's how to add Adsense to all posts with a function in functions.php instead of a plugin http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=431
Old Sep 23, 2009, 05:30 PM
wizonesolutions

4 posts · Sep 2009
California, United States of America
Hi Flynn,

I figured I might as well add to this thread since I'm having the same issue - though just partially.

I'm using Advertising Manager, the successor to AdSense Manager. Here's the ticket I filed: http://code.openx.org/issues/show/46

It includes the Atahualpa-relevant stuff too, and I'm using the latest version (3.4.1). Also note that this plugin provides widgets, and I am able to successfully use one of those in my left-hand column.

My blog address is http://www.wizonesolutions.com/blang.

I know that your time is tight, so if you could just advise me on where I should check (I can even get down and run it through Xdebug if I know roughly where to set the breakpoints) that would be great.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:33 AM
wizonesolutions

4 posts · Sep 2009
California, United States of America
I have additional information on this.

My code actually does work on single page posts if I click through, but on the posts page, it won't show. Is THE LOOP restricted automatically to single-page posts? Talking about the ATO of course.

I have this in "Style and edit CENTER COLUMN" -> The LOOP:

<?php /* Post Container starts here */
if ( function_exists('post_class') ) { ?>
<div <?php if ( is_page() ) { post_class('post'); } else { post_class("$odd_or_even"); } ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } else { ?>
<div class="<?php echo ( is_page() ? 'page ' : '' ) . $odd_or_even . ' post" id="post-'; the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } ?>

<?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_pagination('<p class="post-pagination"><strong>'.__('Pages:','atahualpa').'</strong>','</p>'); ?>

<?php echo advman_ad('header-ads'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>

</div><!-- / Post -->
Old Sep 30, 2009, 01:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa, WP and PHP?
What is the url?
Old Oct 4, 2009, 09:02 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Adding Adsense to the bottom of posts can be done in a VERY simple way.

Use the Add Post Footer plugin to add code to the bottom of your posts. You can then put in whatever you want, whether it's Adsense code or any other type of ad. Done.

I have this on several sites with Atahualpa, and it works perfectly.