Thanks for the suggestions. I think I've got it working now. Changing the php back to the original code was a critical part of the fix. The problem was complicated by poor support for RSS in Chrome. I thought my RSS subscribe button wasn't working, but then I noticed the same problem on http://wordpress.bytesforall.com
. In Chrome when I click the RSS subscribe button on http://wordpress.bytesforall.com
, I get the following text:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<rss xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/" xmlns:wfw="http://wellformedweb.org/CommentAPI/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/" xmlns:slash="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/slash/" version="2.0">
<title>BytesForAll WordPress Themes</title>
<atom:link href="http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/feed/" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml"/>
<description>Customizable Themes for the WordPress CMS</description>
<lastBuildDate>Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:51:04 +0000</lastBuildDate>
This doesn't happen on other browsers, so it must be a Chrome issue.
Thanks for your help.