Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Center area post/pages (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Formatting problem on post-title on multi-pages (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8530)

The Foxy! Jul 26, 2010 10:23 AM

Formatting problem on post-title on multi-pages

2 Attachment(s)
Hi,
I have been desperately trying to correct a recurring proble with the post title. I have made adjustments to the Configure SEO settings and tried all the fixes for similar problems in the forum but just not getting anywhere.
I am a newbie and need some help with this.
I have colour highlighted keywords in the post-titles using <span></span> statements and these show up fine in the single page and before loop and after loop positions as indicated in Attachment 636

The problem is on the multi-page (category ( and presumably archives) listings), I am getting a copy 'remnant' of the post-title (albeit stripped of colour) before The post-title is displayed.
as shown in
Attachment 637

I have also tried the %post-title-encoded% entry on Style Posts & Pages menu to no effect.

I modified another title with html codes for Bold and Italics as can be seen, but this is displaying fine in both single and multi page views and on the before and after loops.

I have had a look at the bfa_post_parts.php functions but don't know where to start modifying this.

Incidentally, I am using WP 2.9.2 and atahualpa 3.4.9.

My web URL is www.whoisthefoxhatguy.com. The site isn't fully up just yet, but I was hoping to release it later this week.

Please help.:confused:

Regards,

The Foxy!

lmilesw Jul 26, 2010 07:26 PM

I saw that problem a short while ago and I think it had to do with a plugin conflict and the plugin people were aware of the bug. If you list the plugins you have installed I think I can tell you which one it is.

Addendum: I did a search and the problem was an issue with the Search Everything plugin. If you turn highlighting off in the plugin settings the problem goes away.

The Foxy! Jul 27, 2010 03:39 AM

Hi,
I've had a look, but I don't have that plug-in installed.
I have de-activated pretty much everything except that needed to keep everything functional but no joy!

The plugins I have are, AD SQUARES WIDGET, AKISMET, AUDIO PLAYER, POST VIDEOES AND GALLERIES, SHARE THIS, SMART ADS, SMART YOUTUBE, SOCIABLE, WORDPRESS HIT COUNTER and WP GREETBOX.

I have checked they are all latest versions.

There were a few others but I have de-activated them all for the moment until I resolve this problem, then I will test each one as I introduce it in future.

The Foxy!

juggledad Jul 27, 2010 04:49 AM

looks like you got it running, what did you do?

The Foxy! Jul 27, 2010 08:40 AM

I've just checked site on Firefox, Chrome and IE and they are all still showing the problem on multi-page views.
There are some entries that have no highlight and these are fine.
Problem only arises in Post-titles with highlighted colour text.
I have also checked the site from another PC to check it's not being caused locally.