Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [SOLVED] Backgrоund body not visible (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=18477)

AlbenaF Sep 25, 2012 12:43 PM

[SOLVED] Backgrоund body not visible

Hello
Trying to put the file for backgrоund body. Add the file in the directory / wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images, but the background does not appear on the site.
What is missing?

juggledad Sep 25, 2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

What is missing?
enough info to help you - the url would be helpful

williamwalker Oct 2, 2012 01:07 PM

Hello folks, I am new to the forums and think I will start off with this issue:

I have placed a background image through ATO and it worked on all my pages except the "Home" page. None of the changes I make in ATO effect the "Home" page. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

I am really enjoying this theme overall. Very, very, customizable. I am also improving my css and php skills.

Thanks.

juggledad Oct 2, 2012 01:38 PM

As I said to the previous poster, more details would be useful
what did you add?
where did you add it?
what is the url?
what version of Atahualpa and WP?

williamwalker Oct 2, 2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 90687)
As I said to the previous poster, more details would be useful
what did you add?
where did you add it?
what is the url?
what version of Atahualpa and WP?

Wow, what a quick response. Sorry about the lack of information, I just wasn't sure what you needed.
I added "background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/background_textile_image.png) repeat top left;"
I added it through FTP to the directory above.
The URL to the site is www.wscottwalker.com
Atahualpa 3.7.9 WordPress 3.4.2

As you should be able to see, all the pages except for "home" are being effected by my changes. Hope you have an idea of what the problem is, which I am sure you do. Thank you.

juggledad Oct 2, 2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

I added "background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/background_textile_image.png) repeat top left;"
to what ATO option did you add this?

williamwalker Oct 2, 2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 90690)
to what ATO option did you add this?

Overall Style & Config.>Body, Text, and Links>Body Style.

juggledad Oct 2, 2012 02:31 PM

Try disabling the social media plugin

williamwalker Oct 2, 2012 02:45 PM

Didn't work. Disabled both Shareaholic and the Social Media Widget.

lmilesw Oct 2, 2012 03:08 PM

The home page background image is body_gradient_dark.gif. Do you recall adding that?

juggledad Oct 2, 2012 03:14 PM

Is this actuall two different sites? the ATA settings are different on the home page vers the other pages

williamwalker Oct 2, 2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 90696)
The home page background image is body_gradient_dark.gif. Do you recall adding that?

The above mentioned option should have changed the background image to background_textile_image.png. It was the body_gradient_dark.gif, but I couldn't get it to work and changed it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 90697)
Is this actuall two different sites? the ATA settings are different on the home page vers the other pages

It is actually one site. I was wondering how it was that I got rid of all borders, changed the menu color, and several other things on the rest of my pages but cannot change anything on the home page. The Home button on the menu even stays the default color. I am positive that I only have one install and have no clue why the settings would be different for the two. Any ideas on a fix. Do you need any more information that could be helpful?

lmilesw Oct 2, 2012 03:44 PM

You might try deactivating WP super cache or at least clear the cache to see if that is the issue. Developing with a caching plugin installed and activated can cause issues like this.

williamwalker Oct 2, 2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 90705)
You might try deactivating WP super cache or at least clear the cache to see if that is the issue. Developing with a caching plugin installed and activated can cause issues like this.

I cleared the cache and the background came up. The only thing that was not corrected is the color or the Home button in the menu bar. Genius idea. That may be my goto fix when I run into these issues for now on. Thank you so much.