Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [SOLVED] Working with a PNG header? (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=11845)

implet Dec 21, 2010 03:04 PM

[SOLVED] Working with a PNG header?

I am trying to use a transparent header file. I would like the site background to show through. I also plan on adding buttons to the right side of it (contact, etc) if that matters. I tried to set the background to transparent in this piece of code from the insert area:

Code:

div#imagecontainer {
border-top: solid 5px #333;
border-bottom: solid 5px #333;
background-color: black !important;
}

That code was already there, but I added a background-color: black !important; to it. It works with any color I specify, but won't work when I just say transparent. It just turns white when I try to.

Website is here.

lmilesw Dec 21, 2010 03:10 PM

If you want a partially transparent header image I would just create the image as png with transparency at the level you want.

juggledad Dec 21, 2010 03:21 PM

that's because the header image is sitting on top of the container and the container has a background color of White set so the white shows. (ato->Style & configure LAYOUT->Layout Container Style)

The container is sitting on top of the background, so it will cover the background image with white unless you make it transparent also.

The code in the CSS inserts is from a demo style that is given, there are 4 of them in the style folder. If you haven't done much to the site, go to ato->export/import settings and export your settings (this way you can get back to where you are right now.) Then get a copy of the tHeme on your computer and if you look in the atahualpa/styles folder you will see some styles.

At ato->export/import settings IMPORT 'ata-classic.txt' - this is the theme with no extra options set. It is a great place to start off from.

implet Dec 21, 2010 03:58 PM

Thank you very much for the assistance! The answer to one question led me to two more however.

1) There appears to be a border in color #eee I think, and I can't find it in the options for the life of me!

2) Is there a way I can get a background area (just like the one on the navigation widget) for the content area?

lmilesw Dec 21, 2010 04:06 PM

For question 1 look in ATO>Style Posts & Pages. You should see a border in the first box. You could put a background color in that same box to take care of question 2.

implet Dec 22, 2010 03:18 PM

Thank you, this cleared everything up. I notice some threads say [Closed] when the question is answered. Do I do that myself, or do the moderators close it?:o

lmilesw Dec 22, 2010 04:22 PM

You can close it by going to Thread Tools at the top of the thread and click on "Mark Thread as Solved". I will do that for you on this one.