Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Header configuration & styling (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [SOLVED] exclude page from having, menu and or header-image (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=21186)

kletskater Nov 24, 2013 07:39 PM

[SOLVED] exclude page from having, menu and or header-image

I'm making a new landingpage.
Would like to exclude particular page from having a menu, and also exclude from having a header-image.
Is that posible?

My lay-out is set to minwidth=1024px maxwidth=1024px, but particular landingpage I would love to be 1250px width
Is that posible?

lmilesw Nov 24, 2013 07:43 PM

You would use CSS to target any particular page. I use Firebug for this sort of stuff.

kletskater Nov 24, 2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 104996)
You would use CSS to target any particular page. I use Firebug for this sort of stuff.

thanks Imilesw,
I am not familiarwith firebug, never used it(Firefox extention?)

edit: tryed to install but; Firebug 1.12.5 is not available for Firefox 18.0

lmilesw Nov 25, 2013 11:06 AM

Is there a reason you are on an old version of Firefox. Firebug works fine for me on Firefox 25.

kletskater Nov 25, 2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilesw (Post 105007)
Is there a reason you are on an old version of Firefox. Firebug works fine for me on Firefox 25.

it did install fine after update FF.
But still doesn't know how to go from here never worked with the tool firebug.
Is there a how too to find on the web?

juggledad Nov 25, 2013 02:04 PM

to use FireBug do a google search

You can use it to look at the elements or use the developers tools to view the source and find the class associated with the <body…> statement then you can use that as part of the CSS Selector with a CSS rule of 'display:none;' on the elements you want to hide.

kletskater Dec 10, 2013 01:41 PM

I made my langpage by making an index.html.
It is working oke, except for the search funtion on my site and when trying to updat ATA. then ata is revering to my homepage that actualy isn't php anymore. but in html
FrontPage is on www.catterycelizes.nl

Hope I am not to cloudy in explaining my problem :-)

juggledad Dec 10, 2013 01:53 PM

once you mix in a index.html page you really can mess things up.

Depending on the site settings index.php can orveride index.html or index.html can override index.php when nothing is specified. In your case, index.html takes precedence.

Since wordpress keeps going back to the domain name, the index.html keeps showing up.

Why don't you just use a wordpress page as your front page and use CSS to hide the menu etc?

kletskater Dec 10, 2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 105356)
once you mix in a index.html page you really can mess things up.

Depending on the site settings index.php can orveride index.html or index.html can override index.php when nothing is specified. In your case, index.html takes precedence.

Since wordpress keeps going back to the domain name, the index.html keeps showing up.

Why don't you just use a wordpress page as your front page and use CSS to hide the menu etc?

I have no clue off how to adjust the css, althoug I would prever to keep al my site ATA, WP and insite the CMS.
I sure as hell don't wanna messup my site

juggledad Dec 10, 2013 06:36 PM

The CSS is fairly simple just adding a CSS selector for the page and header and a 'display: none;' rule.
I could give you the whole thing if the page was setup and set as the home page.

kletskater Dec 10, 2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 105378)
The CSS is fairly simple just adding a CSS selector for the page and header and a 'display: none;' rule.
I could give you the whole thing if the page was setup and set as the home page.

Thanks for quick respond and help offering Juggledad.
I've set back my index.php and removed my index.html

juggledad Dec 11, 2013 04:06 AM

add this to the 'CSS Inserts' option
HTML Code:

body.home td#header {display: None;}
and see if that is what you want

kletskater Dec 11, 2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 105387)
add this to the 'CSS Inserts' option
HTML Code:

body.home td#header {display: None;}
and see if that is what you want

Super, thanks Juggledad this works great for me (y)