Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Center area post/pages (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   No Content Beneath Banner (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19583)

wpnewb Feb 7, 2013 12:20 AM

No Content Beneath Banner

Greetings -

I just began volunteering with a non-profit organization and have apparently been tasked as the webmaster for their website (which seems to have been done in wordpress). Unfortunately, I have zero experience with wordpress (this is my first introduction to it). Just under a week ago, all content beneath the banner stopped displaying (no posts, no sidebars, nothing).

URL: www.capca.org
Wordpress Version: 3.3
Atahualpa VersioN: 3.7.1

I tried disabling all plugins but that did not resolve the issue. I changed the theme to Twenty Eleven and content DID appear. I've reset settings for Atahaulpa and that had no effect. I removed all of the items in the left sidebar, and still nothing. Any suggestions on what I should try next? When I viewed the source code, nothing displays beneath:

" <!-- Main Body -->
<tr id="bodyrow">

<!-- Main Column -->
<td id="middle">
"

Any assistance/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

juggledad Feb 7, 2013 02:45 AM

First thing to do is a database backup - this is important!

Then if you have a left sidebar, take note of the widgets in it and any customization to them and remove them one at a time starting with the top one and checking the site after each removal

lmilesw Feb 7, 2013 06:24 AM

If you send me a login via Private Message I will take a look.

wpnewb Feb 7, 2013 09:03 AM

I'd copied the contents of the entire site via FTP and I just logged into phpMyAdmin and backed up all of the databases.

I'd also removed all of the sidebar widgets (we have no left sidebar for the site, and had no left sidebar widgets. We only had 5 right sidebar widgets and those have been removed... same result).

Currently all widgets have been removed and still, no luck.

Any ideas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 96223)
First thing to do is a database backup - this is important!

Then if you have a left sidebar, take note of the widgets in it and any customization to them and remove them one at a time starting with the top one and checking the site after each removal

juggledad Feb 7, 2013 11:33 AM

send eithor Larry or myself a PM with an admin ID/PW and one of will take a look to see what might be happening.

juggledad Feb 7, 2013 01:15 PM

I have bad news for you but you have hacked. I've sent you a PM

For anyone interested, I went in to thesitea and looked the header.php file (dashboard->appearances->editor) and upon scrooling to the end of the file found a large amount of eval'ed code that is not part of the theme. Examining the other themes found the same hack in those theme files.

The site has been put in maintenance mode and they are proceeding to change passwords and reinstall wordpress and all plugins and themes.