Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Problems with text "Justify". Layout of Pages too long. (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=764)

Tigger Mar 14, 2009 06:42 PM

Problems with text "Justify". Layout of Pages too long.

Hi Flynn,

I have 2 questions:

1. When I write a text on my pages and set it as a block text (justify) in the tiny editor, I am getting some troubles. In Firefox and Opera it is displayed correctly. In IE the text is also getting displayed as justified. But the ends of sentences are not "clean". IE is messing up the end of sentences and they do sometimes not go until the end of the right side. It looks somehow messy. Can it be, that a theme setting is influencing this function ? I already visited some WP pages with IE and there justified texts looked "clean" - all sentence ends have the same left end border.

2. When I write text on my pages and publish it, at the end of the page is always a big empty space levt until the page end. Is it possible, that the end of the text is also the end of the page ? Maybe just with 10 or 15px space levt to the page bottom border. Right now this margin is just too big. (I am aware of the widgets in my right sidebar. But also without them the space is too big - or when text is longer than widget content goes)

Thank you !

Flynn Mar 17, 2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigger (Post 3030)
Hi Flynn,

I have 2 questions:

1. When I write a text on my pages and set it as a block text (justify) in the tiny editor, I am getting some troubles. In Firefox and Opera it is displayed correctly. In IE the text is also getting displayed as justified. But the ends of sentences are not "clean". IE is messing up the end of sentences and they do sometimes not go until the end of the right side. It looks somehow messy. Can it be, that a theme setting is influencing this function ? I already visited some WP pages with IE and there justified texts looked "clean" - all sentence ends have the same left end border.

2. When I write text on my pages and publish it, at the end of the page is always a big empty space levt until the page end. Is it possible, that the end of the text is also the end of the page ? Maybe just with 10 or 15px space levt to the page bottom border. Right now this margin is just too big. (I am aware of the widgets in my right sidebar. But also without them the space is too big - or when text is longer than widget content goes)

Thank you !

1. Add a CSS Insert
HTML Code:

div.post { word-wrap: normal; }
2. This is caused by

HTML Code:

div.post {margin: 0 0 30px 0;}
Add another CSS Insert for this, i.e.

HTML Code:

div.post {margin: 0 0 10px 0;}

Tigger Mar 28, 2009 05:41 PM

I had a little break as Crisis is driving me crazy at the moment. Works all perfect ! Many thanks.

PS: Diamonds ... hmm ... cool !