Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Problems with text "Justify". Layout of Pages too long.

Old Mar 14, 2009, 06:42 PM
Tigger

35 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn,

I have 2 questions:

1. When I write a text on my pages and set it as a block text (justify) in the tiny editor, I am getting some troubles. In Firefox and Opera it is displayed correctly. In IE the text is also getting displayed as justified. But the ends of sentences are not "clean". IE is messing up the end of sentences and they do sometimes not go until the end of the right side. It looks somehow messy. Can it be, that a theme setting is influencing this function ? I already visited some WP pages with IE and there justified texts looked "clean" - all sentence ends have the same left end border.

2. When I write text on my pages and publish it, at the end of the page is always a big empty space levt until the page end. Is it possible, that the end of the text is also the end of the page ? Maybe just with 10 or 15px space levt to the page bottom border. Right now this margin is just too big. (I am aware of the widgets in my right sidebar. But also without them the space is too big - or when text is longer than widget content goes)

Thank you !

Last edited by Tigger; Mar 14, 2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 03:54 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Hi Flynn,

I have 2 questions:

1. When I write a text on my pages and set it as a block text (justify) in the tiny editor, I am getting some troubles. In Firefox and Opera it is displayed correctly. In IE the text is also getting displayed as justified. But the ends of sentences are not "clean". IE is messing up the end of sentences and they do sometimes not go until the end of the right side. It looks somehow messy. Can it be, that a theme setting is influencing this function ? I already visited some WP pages with IE and there justified texts looked "clean" - all sentence ends have the same left end border.

2. When I write text on my pages and publish it, at the end of the page is always a big empty space levt until the page end. Is it possible, that the end of the text is also the end of the page ? Maybe just with 10 or 15px space levt to the page bottom border. Right now this margin is just too big. (I am aware of the widgets in my right sidebar. But also without them the space is too big - or when text is longer than widget content goes)

Thank you !
1. Add a CSS Insert
HTML Code:
div.post { word-wrap: normal; }
2. This is caused by

HTML Code:
div.post {margin: 0 0 30px 0;}
Add another CSS Insert for this, i.e.

HTML Code:
div.post {margin: 0 0 10px 0;}
Old Mar 28, 2009, 05:41 PM
Tigger

35 posts · Feb 2009
I had a little break as Crisis is driving me crazy at the moment. Works all perfect ! Many thanks.

PS: Diamonds ... hmm ... cool !