Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA (http://forum.bytesforall.com/index.php)
-   Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   High server load used by Montezuma Theme (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=20102)

smartcard Apr 11, 2013 06:02 AM

High server load used by Montezuma Theme

I start using this theme, which is very beautiful and neat. But in few hours my host suspended my hosting account stating that the theme is causing high load to the server.

Any solution please?

I still need to theme to work for my WP.

juggledad Apr 11, 2013 06:49 AM

You have not provided enough information to help you.
while this thread was written for the Atahualpa theme, it still merits a reading and following.

smartcard Apr 11, 2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 99295)
You have not provided enough information to help you.
while this thread was written for the Atahualpa theme, it still merits a reading and following.

Please find more details:

WP version : WordPress 3.5.1.
Montezuma Version: 1.1.3
Apache version 2.2.22
PHP version 5.3.10

Hope these information are enough?

When I change to another theme, the server load is ok

juggledad Apr 11, 2013 10:09 AM

Did the host define what a high load was? did they explain what resourses were high?

smartcard Apr 11, 2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggledad (Post 99302)
Did the host define what a high load was? did they explain what resourses were high?

This is what the host wrote to me
Quote:

Account has been suspended. I still see the Wordpress is causing a high load each time the website is loaded.

juggledad Apr 11, 2013 12:02 PM

That says nothing, you'll need to get some more detail from them
Meanwhile, who is the host?
Have you made any changes to the theme?

smartcard Apr 11, 2013 03:10 PM

The host is CrocWeb.com and they replied me now
Quote:

There isn't any other explanation other then the account causing a high load every time the website is loaded with the theme.
I did not change anything in the theme

juggledad Apr 11, 2013 04:13 PM

If that is the only help they can give, I would suggest looking for another host.

You are the only one that has reported this issue so my guess that it has to do with the server and only the host tech support is going to be able to help you there.

jerryc Apr 11, 2013 04:16 PM

This might help. I just had a similar issue with another (non WP or MZ) PHP script I was running on my laptop.

In your php.ini file, you can set the max memory a script can use. (I think 128 M is the current default, but your web host may set that differently.) Search that file for the word memory to find the setting.

Sometime in the wee hours, you might try turning PHP error messages on, then keep lowering that number until you get an error message that you've exceeded the memory allowed and it will give you a line number. That may tell you where the offending part of your script is, and you might be able to fix it. It worked for me.

Please post your results.