Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Categories not appearing in cat-bar

Old Sep 27, 2010, 01:02 PM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
In recent weeks I've added a couple of categories to my site. I've noticed that the new cats are not appearing in the bar. They aren't on the exclusion list, and I've emptied my cache. What else might be preventing them from appearing?

thanks

jc
Old Sep 27, 2010, 06:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What version of WP and Atahualpa? If you are using the new WP menu system you of course have to add new menu items (categories) to the menu after creating it.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 07:05 PM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
WP 3.0 and Ata 3.4.9

I'm not using the new system, just the legacy Ata system.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 08:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You should probably start with implementing the bug fixes listed in the New Versions and Updating forum. Upgrading to Atahualpa 3.5.3 would probably be a good idea as well. Use the instructions in the FAQ thread. You would still need to apply the bug fixes. If this happened after you upgraded to WP3.0 it probably has to to with the changes they made to the code.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 08:35 PM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks, Larry.

I'll look and see if I can find a resolution there.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 03:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
How do you create your menu? It looks like you have pages pointing to categories. Are you using the new wordpress mwnus or a plugin?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 06:20 PM
jasonchamb

25 posts · Sep 2009
You're right juggledad. I used the page links to plug-in to attach categories to the page menu. I set it up so long ago I had forgotten how I managed it.

Mark this thread as solved due to my stupidity.