Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

is ThemeFrame for web owner - not designer

Old Sep 23, 2010, 07:30 AM
gregor80

1 posts · Sep 2010
Hi,

I was looking at your add about ThemeFrame and was wondering if an amateur can use this too?

I am not a programmer or web designer although I did create a nice html page for myself using one of the popular DIY website builders and one with wordpress (I simply customized a theme).

1)Is this ThemeFrame something really complicated or can be used by amateurs who like to "do it yourself".

2)Also: is there any way that templates I would make would offer these letters Š Ž and Č! all together. Because I simply can't find the way to build a wordpress site with these letters.

Thank you for your answers.

Greg
Old Sep 25, 2010, 09:53 AM
ardhill

37 posts · Sep 2010
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor80
I was looking at your add about ThemeFrame and was wondering if an amateur can use this too?

I am not a programmer or web designer although I did create a nice html page for myself using one of the popular DIY website builders and one with wordpress (I simply customized a theme).
Hi Greg

I am not a moderator, just someone who paid to get in a short while ago, like you are considering doing now.

Neither am I a developer. I can create web sites with programmes such as Dreamweaver, and can alter code by hand "a little".

IMO, the whole 'package' is geared towards someone who know something about creating a wordpress theme. Some people on here may disagree, but that is my opinion. I had a hard time at the start with this, as I know nothing about creating a WP theme, and this software is still in beta - though the current version appears to work well. It's not perfect, but it can create WP themes without too many headaches. I guess WordPress throwing out a new version so late in the design of this software, didn't help. But Flynn appears to have combatted most of the problems.

After my bad start, I left it a while (gave up in frustration), then came back and tried again.

I did manage to create a theme with this, which I am more or less happy with.

I put some time in, trying to figure out both how to use this software, and second, how a WP theme actually works.

I feel I have a decent handle on it now (as an amateur), and would be happy to make more themes. Once the initial learning curve, and headaches were over, it is fairly simple. Thus, in my opinion it is geared towards a developer's mind. But, I have to say, if you figured out how to build a website, then you probably have the mindset to be able to 'learn' how to use this software too.

Have a look at the video Flynn posted up of him showing off the software (not sure where it is on this site). If you have a basic understanding of what those things are in the little CSS boxes that pop up when you click on elements in the software, then you are probably fine to start figuring out how to create a theme.

Sorry, but I am not telling you that it is a walk in the park, and any 6 year old can do it. This are my own thoughts after my personal learning curve.

If you can:
[list=1][*]Work on a the admin end of a wordpress blog, so know basically how it operates (I'm not saying you need to understand the code - just what the buttons do).[*]Can build a normal web site with something like Dreamweaver or KompoZer.[*]Can understand the basics of what the main CSS tags do in the pop up boxes in the video demonstration on this site.

Then you are probably in a position to 'begin to learn' how to use this software.

If you do decide to get it, then you need to check through the start pf a few of the older "Beta Release Version xx" threads, to see how to set up,and use this software.

Quote:
2)Also: is there any way that templates I would make would offer these letters Š Ž and Č! all together. Because I simply can't find the way to build a wordpress site with these letters.
Sorry, I haven't a clue... I'm still very much learning this - but have built a usable site

I hope this helps your Greg.

Paul
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:51 AM
VesaT

534 posts · Oct 2009
Helsinki, Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor80
Hi,
Greg,
have you tried using Atahualpa theme with a multilingual plugin like WPML?

My website www.tiirikainen.fi runs in Finnish and English using this basic setup and I have not found any problems with Finnish letters like Ä or Ö. There are a lot of other plugins also available with Czech language files which should cover most of the letters you want. Each individual plugin obviously needs to be checked with a specific language support before using. For my website there are about twenty different plugins in use to get certain functions running, and I've translated some plugins as no Finnish version was available.

I think ThemeFrame at this point is not a solution, as it generates themes which do not have multilingual support - or at least I haven't found a way to do this. Hence I appreciate any help in building multilingual capabilities into ThemeFrame-generated themes

Hope this helps,

Vesa