Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Changing color of ALL but body text - headlines, "Read more" text, etc.

Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:56 PM
satori

3 posts · Sep 2010
Hi all - great forum, just joined, very helpful. I'm highly experienced with PCs & know basic HTML, but am an utter WordPress newbie. Sorry in advance for such basic questions.

I want to change the color of ALL text that is natively blue in Atahualpa. That includes headlines, text after "Read more" at the end of each post on the homepage, text in widgets (Recent posts, Archives, etc.), "Older Entries", and so on.

I managed to change the color of headlines on single-post pages, but not on the homepage.

How many places do I have to specify that color change in order to change ALL blue text?

Also: I tried changing the font just for the body text of posts, but that also changed the headline fonts. How can I change one without the other?

Thanks! (I just switched my rudimentary site to Atahualpa, like it a lot, & will definitely donate once I get some of these fixes in place.)
Old Sep 17, 2010, 01:22 PM
globalnerds

43 posts · Nov 2009
Saratoga Springs, NY
There are a bunch of places to change fonts, font color, etc here are a few (note this is using Atahualpa 3.5.3)

Body Text: ATO > Body Text Links - this will change the font color, size, etc for anything in the main body of the site:

There is a box where you can specify changes such as:
font-family: Georgia,arial, "Times New Roman",Serif;
font-size: 1em;
color:#062e7d;
background: #fffff;
background: url(/w/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/stripe.png) repeat top left;
Sidebar (right or left) Widgets: ATO > Style Widgets

You can put in similar font / color coding as above

Post and Pages: ATP > Post and Pages

Post Excerpts: ATO > Configure Excerpts

Comments on Posts/Pages: ATO > Style & Configure comments

Table Styles: ATO > Style Tables

Forms: ATO > Style Forms

If you want to add CSS related items to the site go to: ATO > Add HTML/CSS Inserts. ONLY put them here. You can change the underlying file, but if you upgrade your ATA theme you will lose those changes (found that one out the hard way).

If you have any more questions, reply to this thread or PM me.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 01:43 PM
satori

3 posts · Sep 2010
Gary - Thanks a lot! I will try to figure out how to implement your suggestions.

One add-on question, if you wouldn't mind: why are there codes such as ...
[indent]font-family: Georgia,arial, "Times New Roman",Serif;

... that specify several different fonts? How does the theme know which of those fonts to use in a given location?

Also, in your example, arial is a sans-serif font; does it need to be in a separate line that ends with "sans-serif;" or something?

(Apologies again for my WP idiocy.)
Old Sep 18, 2010, 06:47 AM
satori

3 posts · Sep 2010
FOLLOWUP: Thanks to Gary's suggestions, I turned all the blue text green, and my site - Running.info - looks much better now! (The header is mainly green, so my blue text looked funny.) I still want to enhance the site a lot more, but it's good to have the basics finished.

I've just donated & become Gold. Thanks again for this great forum & excellent theme.