Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Skype interference in Page drafting

Old Sep 16, 2010, 08:32 AM
Codophobe

5 posts · Feb 2010
I use Skype, so the program is on my PC. When I draft or edit a page of my blog and include a contact phone number, the words "begin_of_the_skype_highlighting [my phone number] end_of_the_skype_highlighting" appear -- repeatedly -- in both the html and visual versions of the page. I edit these words out and they keep reappearing. I shut down Skype on my PC and repeat the process -- but the words keep appearing. Short of uninstalling Skype from my PC, any suggestions of how to stop this from happening?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 09:05 AM
Codophobe

5 posts · Feb 2010
Skype support provided this solution:
To disable number highlighting please follow these steps:
1. Open your web browser
2. Click the Skype button on the browser toolbar and select Uninstall. The Skype button will be completely removed after restarting your browser.
If you can't find the button, go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, click Skype Toolbars and Remove.

It works.