Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Text widget creates a blank container due to adblock plus

Old Sep 14, 2010, 03:46 PM
Smical

2 posts · Sep 2010
I'm using the round menu style as a base and using google ads in a couple sidebar text widgets. Problem is myself and many others use Firefox with adblock plus, so this causes a blank container to be displayed when with most themes nothing is displayed at all. In the image below, you can see what appears just to be a small blank container widget, that is how it shows when it is adblocked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	widget.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	752

My question is, how do you make the text widget container not show up at all if it is being adblocked? Obviously it looks fine in Internet Explorer, but looks pretty bad in FF.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 06:06 AM
Smical

2 posts · Sep 2010
Okay, I think I have it fixed or the only way I know how. Had to view page source, find the text widget's ID and add a "div#text-x" class in CSS inserts, then just remove the border and padding.

Wish there was just a way so they the container doesn't show at all if its content is being blocked.