Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Somehow the option "NO" for the BLOG TITLE and the BLOG TAGLINE don't work

Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:54 AM
justbridge

1 posts · Mar 2009
Germany
Hi everybody,

on my site (http://nadia-eddi.de) I don't want the blog title to be shown in the header, because it is included in the header image. So I tried the option "NO" for not showing the blog title in the theme's settings. But unfortunately it didn't work. It would be great if somebody could help me out!

I even tried to remove this code in the file bfa_header_config.php:
PHP Code:
if ( $bfa_ata_blog_title_show == "Yes" OR $bfa_ata_blog_tagline_show == "Yes" ) {
$logo_area .= '<td ' $header_rowspan 'valign="middle" class="logoarea-title">';
                if ( 
$bfa_ata_blog_title_show == "Yes" ) {

$logo_area .= '<h1 class="blogtitle"><a href="' get_option('home') . '/">' get_bloginfo('name') . '</a></h1>';
                }
                if ( 
$bfa_ata_blog_tagline_show == "Yes" ) {

$logo_area .= '<p class="tagline">' get_bloginfo'description' ) . '</p>';
                }
$logo_area .= '</td>';

Nothing changed.

Ok, I finally could remove it. I deleted the following code in the same file mentioned above:
PHP Code:
if ( $bfa_ata_overlay_blog_title == "Yes" OR $bfa_ata_overlay_blog_tagline == "Yes" ) {
$header_image .= '<div class="titleoverlay">' .
        ( 
$bfa_ata_overlay_blog_title == "Yes" '<h1 class="blogtitle"><a href="' get_option('home') . '/">' get_bloginfo('name') . '</a></h1>' '' ) .
        ( 
$bfa_ata_overlay_blog_tagline == "Yes" '<p class="tagline">' get_bloginfo'description' ) . '</p>' '' ) .

'</div>';

But still it actually should work without deleting this code, shouldn't it?

Last edited by justbridge; Mar 24, 2009 at 03:17 AM. Reason: I tried some more to get the problem solved myself and found one way to solve my problem.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I only see the names once - in the middle of the image. Did you clean out your cache and do a refresh? also try a second browser - I'm using Safari
Old Mar 28, 2009, 09:01 AM
lokimann

2 posts · Mar 2009
I'm getting the same problem. I've tried different browsers and dumping the caches, still no luck. I'd rather not delete code if I can avoid it.

Any ideas?
Old Mar 31, 2009, 07:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
lokimann, just to be sure, in the 'Header' options, you have the 'Show Blog Title' set to NO? and you see your blog title in the header image. Do you also display a logo? What is the site?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 04:53 PM
TheSupercargo

11 posts · Apr 2010
I think I may be having the same or a similar problem.

I want my blog title superimposed on my header image, but I don't want a tagline or logo (they're both incorporated into the image).

There should be a coloured bar (#FFFFCC) 3 px in height between the image and the catagories. The list of header items is:
%pages %bar1 %image %bar1 %cats %bar1

"Show Blog Tagline?" is set at NO, and "Style the blog tagline" is empty. but the tagline appears anyway. (See image: "Tagline where it shouldn't be")

I can removed it by erasing the tagline at General Settings, but then there seems to be a 2 or 3 pixel gap between the base of the header image and bar above the category strip. (See image: "Bar of background colour") It's difficult to see because it's so light, but the width is clearly greater than 3px.

If I remove the bar between the header and the catagory strip, all the catagories are pushed to the right. (See image: "When bar removed, catagories shift right")

I just checked and this is a problem in current editions of Opera, Chrome and Firefox but NOT in IE 7.

My homepage is http://www.thesupercargo.com

Any suggestions gratefully received!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tagline where it shouldn't be.jpg
Views:	1866
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1170  Click image for larger version

Name:	Bar of background colour.jpg
Views:	1834
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1171  Click image for larger version

Name:	When bar removed, catagories shift right.jpg
Views:	1913
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1172  
Old Feb 18, 2011, 06:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What version are you using?
Old Feb 19, 2011, 03:34 AM
TheSupercargo

11 posts · Apr 2010
My, that was fast. You're either in a very different time zone or you work even later hours than me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
What version are you using?
I'm using Wordpress 3.0.5 with Atahualpa 3.6.1.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 03:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go to ato->export/import settings and export your settings and attach them to a reply

(I'm EST and tend to wake early)
Old Feb 19, 2011, 01:34 PM
TheSupercargo

11 posts · Apr 2010
Thanks, Juggledad!
Here's the settings file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-thesupercargocom-20110219.txt (19.8 KB, 2277 views)
Old Feb 19, 2011, 04:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
edit bfa_header_config.php and change lines 344-345 from
HTML Code:
			if ( $bfa_ata['overlay_blog_tagline'] == "Yes" ) 
				echo '<p class="tagline">'; bloginfo('description'); echo '</p>';
to
HTML Code:
			if ( $bfa_ata['overlay_blog_tagline'] == "Yes" ) {
				echo '<p class="tagline">'; bloginfo('description'); echo '</p>';
			}
(pesky missing '{}'s)
Old Feb 19, 2011, 05:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
see BUGFIX 364-04: Tagline will show when Overlay Blog TITLE over Header Image(s)? = yes
Old Feb 22, 2011, 05:09 AM
TheSupercargo

11 posts · Apr 2010
Yay! It worked. Thank you Juggledad.

(I had got it into my head for some reason that BFA runs on Central European Time.)