Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to add ads? Maybe a widget?

Old Jan 1, 2009, 08:03 PM
eplouie

19 posts · Jan 2009
between San Francisco and San Jose, CA
First, I'd like to thank the creator(s) of the Atahualpa Wordpress theme. Having struggled with other WordPress themes, I found this one to the best WP theme I've ever used. I like the design, and I think the interface is one of the most user-friendly I've ever seen. THANK YOU!

In a previous blog, I used the Atahualpa 2 theme. As I wanted to include Amazon and Google advertisements in that blog, I edited the SIDEBAR file to include these links, which seemed to work just fine.

As I upgrade to Atahualpa 3, it appears that I can longer edit the SIDEBAR file, as that file just doesn't exist in this version of the theme.

What's the easiest way to insert these Amazon and Google advertisements? Is there an easy way to create a widget (or multiple widgets) so I can insert ads in the right side, left side, or even the header?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 01:29 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The usual way to add ads or any arbitrary content to sidebars is via text widgets. Drag and drop a text widget into a sidebar, paste the adwords code into the text widget and save.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 08:23 PM
eplouie

19 posts · Jan 2009
between San Francisco and San Jose, CA
My thanks. This information wasn't obvious to me, so I appreciate the info.

Having never created a text widget before, that was another mystery that was easily solved. It's nice to know that I can add multiple text widgets.