Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

change category menu...

Old Aug 24, 2010, 03:48 PM
simonmas.com

4 posts · Jul 2010
Hello all.

First of all, thank you very much for this theme. I absolutely love it: it's even better than some "professional" themes I've had the venture to try in the past.

I have a question: I prefer my categories (with post counts) to be displayed on one of the sidebars.

Could I remove the category menu from the Header section, or, even better, substitute it with the breadcrumb navXT plug-in? How do I do that?

Thank you in advance for any help,
Simon
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you looked through the theme options? Removing the cat menu is nothing more than removing the %cats from the header area. I have not tried the navXT plugin but I would assume you just install it.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:11 AM
simonmas.com

4 posts · Jul 2010
thank you!

(for the navigation, i meant putting the plug in where the categories are right now, but i guess it doesn't terribly matter...)
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:24 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You can create a new widget area where %cats is now and add the NavXT widget there. Again I haven't tested.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 07:01 AM
Daniel Hurtubise

12 posts · Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Have you looked through the theme options? Removing the cat menu is nothing more than removing the %cats from the header area. I have not tried the navXT plugin but I would assume you just install it.
I did removed the ? %cats
But now i have the post that moves up so the grey bar is "cut" by the text.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 01:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Those gray bars are part of one of the styles included with the Atahualpa download. You may have to play around with the background image in ATO>Body, Text & Links and the menu colors in ATO>Menu. You could also export your current style (ATO>Export/Import Settings) to save your current style and import one of the other styles from the styles folder which is part of the theme download to see if that initially meets your needs better. I believe there is information about this in the FAQ thread.