Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Page Menu Image Help

Old Aug 23, 2010, 01:26 AM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
Version 3.4.9
Site: http://GrowRoomPR.com

I need the page menu bar to hold the menu items inside the attached image.

I can't seem to get it right. Please view the site to see where I've gotten it so far and advise me on how to get this right.

Thank you

Last edited by cvan; Sep 23, 2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:31 AM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
Anyone? Please, I need help. I am at a standstill on this site.

Thank you
Old Aug 24, 2010, 02:20 AM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
I'm still trying to figure this out. I've got the image in the page menu bar. Now there are 2 problems:
1. It looks like there is a small image on top of the image I am using and I don't know how to get rid of it.

2. How do I get the Menu text to be in the center of the image?

Please someone help me...I have searched this whole forum and I cannot find the right fix.

Thank you.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 04:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you used http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...dad+menu+cheat to play with the menus? It should give you direction - you can use the images instead of the colors
Old Aug 24, 2010, 04:16 AM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
Yes I have and I cannot configure the text to be in the center of the image.

Thank you
Old Aug 24, 2010, 04:26 AM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
Also, is there a specific size that the menu image tabs need to be?

Thank you
Old Aug 25, 2010, 05:34 PM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
I am doing something wrong. I have gone back to step one. For some reason, there is a second, small image overlaying on the image. I'm not sure where it is incorrect.

Please have a look and tell me what you think: http://growroompr.com

This is the only part of the code that I have changed from the cheat sheet:

Code:
 ================================================ */
/* Page Menu item                                   */
/* ================================================ */
ul.rMenu li a:link, 
ul.rMenu li a:hover, 
ul.rMenu li a:active, 
ul.rMenu li a:visited, 
ul.rMenu li {
	background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/menu.png) !important;
	color: #000000 !important;
padding: 15px 3px 4px 5px;
Old Aug 25, 2010, 06:29 PM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
I figured it out!

UPDATE: As soon as I added more pages, everything went ALL WRONG!!

I have no idea what I can do to make the image fit correctly. And, how do I get rid of the grey hover over the image? I would like it transparent.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Last edited by cvan; Aug 25, 2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 03:08 AM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
So I figured out what went wrong, and now I just need a little help.

I need to add a different sized image (width) for each new page created. This way the image does not repeat when the page title is too long.

What code do I use, and where do I put it?

Surely my questions can assist other people who are running into the same issues.

Thank you
Old Aug 26, 2010, 03:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can have a different sized image with each different page using the automatic menu generation. Because the page names are different sizes you could add code to count the number of characters and then based on the number use an image that would fit (lots oxf coding) or you can create the HTML manual and put it in the header config replacing the %pages. You will still have to manually pick the right image based on the size of the page name.

...or you go with a different design for the menu...
Old Aug 26, 2010, 03:37 AM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
Okay...thank you. Guess I'll have to stick with what I have or find something new.

Thank you Juggledad, for all of your help.