Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

page menu bar colors

Old Aug 12, 2010, 09:28 PM
wppg

51 posts · Aug 2010
hi - is there a way to change the color, and hover color, of one page in the page menu bar in the header so it is diff from the others, i.e. it stand out?

also, sort of unrelated, but still header-related... where can one change the default thin black bar/line that sits right above and also below the header image (and runs all the way across the header)? i can't find that bar anywhere in ATO 3.53 to change the color! thanks for any tips!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
To apply CSS to a particular page you would use a selector like body.page-id-35 as an example. You can get the selector for a particular page by viewing the page source and searching for "body class". You can get the page id there.

As for the lines I am guessing they are the ones reference in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts under the selector fo div#imagecontainer or something like that. Just look for about 5px top and bottom borders and eliminate the lines.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:14 PM
wppg

51 posts · Aug 2010
To apply CSS to a particular page you would use a selector like body.page-id-35 as an example. You can get the selector for a particular page by viewing the page source and searching for "body class". You can get the page id there.

.... i understand re the page id, but where would i apply CSS and what exactly does that mean in terms of what would i need to add/change to control the colors for jsut the way the menu bar name for that page is treated - it's easy in ATO, but not sure what to do if i'm "wriiting code" to change it... though i do understand how to find the page id part i think...

As for the lines I am guessing they are the ones reference in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts under the selector fo div#imagecontainer or something like that. Just look for about 5px top and bottom borders and eliminate the lines.

....... this worked - thank you!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:21 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Here is a simple example for changing the color of text for instance on a particular page.
body.page-id-35 {color: #F8BB75;}

To change the hover colors you are going to have to determine the selectors for the menus in question. I use Firebug many times to help me figure out which selector. Another tool you can use is Juggledad's cheat sheet
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:28 AM
wppg

51 posts · Aug 2010
thanks - this looks a little over my head for right now, but i will revisit again soon try to sort it out!