Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

where to put code for Rotating Posts plugin

Old Aug 12, 2010, 06:55 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Hiya - I can get this to work by putting a bit of code into each page but if I wanted it on every page where should I put the code - I can find index.php but I don't know where this should go:

<?php rotating_posts(); ?>

And if anyone knows how to make it keep the same box size that would be great!

Lisa
Old Aug 12, 2010, 08:19 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I have not tested this but I would suspect you would put it right above the following line if you want it to show after the content of the post.
HTML Code:
<?php get_footer(); ?>
Make a copy of index.php first in case something doesn't work after editing it.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 08:30 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
I want it to show before the content of the post, but I'll try this and see what it looks like - thank you. The idea is to get people to look around the site more.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 08:35 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In that case I would try putting it right after the first section of the index.php which ends with.
HTML Code:
get_header(); ?>
I am curious to know how it goes for you.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:15 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
that works fine, thank you. It would be better if it was smaller in height but I can't find the settings for that. I think I have to play around with the CSS, which I can find but I can't work out which bit I need to alter :-) I can get the box to be the same size but the navigation bar leaps up and down.

Last edited by moomum; Aug 12, 2010 at 10:44 AM.