Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

How to change text fonts in Atahualpa Themes

Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:53 PM
betita

1 posts · Jun 2010
I am trying to find out how to change the size of the text fonts in my blog. Please let me know how to do it.
Thanks.
Betita
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:59 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are a lot places in the theme options to change text size as well as adding your own CSS to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts. What specific text do you want to change?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 03:02 PM
aravere

56 posts · Sep 2010
rural Virginia, US
I'll continue this thread: I'd like to increase the text size in the pages and posts, and be able to change the size of the headings (Categories, Recent Posts, etc.).
Old Oct 19, 2010, 04:01 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The place for global setting is ATO>Body, Text & Links. To get down to the post and page you would go to ATO>Style Posts & Pages. Of course then you can use CSS in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts to style most any area at all but it requires figuring out what the selector is for what you want to style.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:32 PM
aravere

56 posts · Sep 2010
rural Virginia, US
Okay- located and figured out how to change the title fonts, and even how to isolate the fonts in the sidebars (all from this post), but now I need to figure out how to increase the size of the text that is entered in each page and post. This support forum truly is a blessing, and is reason enough not to use any other theme. Thx for your help!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:35 PM
aravere

56 posts · Sep 2010
rural Virginia, US
By the way- I've been meaning to ask: what is an 'em'? I understand fonts as '10pt', '12pt', and so on. But '.8em'? No idea what that means!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:43 PM
aravere

56 posts · Sep 2010
rural Virginia, US
I checked out the w3schools.com site as you all have suggested, and learned the following:
(16px=1em); the default size for normal text, like paragraphs, is 16px, or 1em. Sizes are classified as h for headers, or p for paragraphs. For example
h1 {font-size:40px;}
h2 {font-size:30px;}
p {font-size:14px;
}
The w3schools.com site is very helpful and fairly easy to follow. Learnin' as I go...
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You can of course change font size with the editor. But for global changes in posts and pages you can set the sized in ATO>Style Posts & Pages. There are some boxes in that section that relate to text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravere
Okay- located and figured out how to change the title fonts, and even how to isolate the fonts in the sidebars (all from this post), but now I need to figure out how to increase the size of the text that is entered in each page and post. This support forum truly is a blessing, and is reason enough not to use any other theme. Thx for your help!