Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Footer Homepage - comments

Old Aug 5, 2010, 07:54 AM
shirley1

65 posts · Jun 2010
Hi

I have atahualpa 3.5.3 and wordpress 3.1(french). My blog is in french.

In my home page , I can see the number of comments. But I want to modify the word «comment» (see homepage image file). In the settings of Atahualpa, in ATO--» Post & Pages ---» Edit Post & Pages info items--» footer homepage , I don't see any option to modify this word. ( see footer image file).

I think I have to change it in the code. I've already made somes modificatiosn in the file comments.php and bfa_custom_comments.php, but i don't know where I need to modify in order to have the word «comment» in french.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	footer.jpg
Views:	1345
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	661  Click image for larger version

Name:	homepage.jpg
Views:	1312
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	662  
Old Aug 5, 2010, 10:40 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you look up further on the same page where the code you show is you will see the following.

When using this item, provide 4 text strings for the 4 possible comment states:
  • Replace 'No Comments' with your link text for posts that have no comments yet
  • Replace '1 comment' with your text for posts with 1 comment
  • Replace '% comments' with your text for posts with 2 or more comments. The % (percent) character will be replaced with the comment count. Use that character in your own text, too, unless you do not want to display the comment count.
  • Replace 'Comments closed' with your text for posts where comments are closed. Replace 'Comments closed' with 'dontshow' to display nothing if comments are closed (instead of displaying something like 'Comments closed')

Example: %comments('Leave your comment', 'One comment so far', '% people had their say - chime in!', 'Sorry, but comments are closed')%
Example 2: %comments('Comments', 'Comments (1)', 'Comments (%)', 'dontshow')%
Old Aug 5, 2010, 11:55 AM
shirley1

65 posts · Jun 2010
Thanks.!
It works. I thought % comments was a php parameter. I am not a programmer. sorry.
You can close this ticket.