Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Comment background color not taking - 3.5.3 on 3.01

Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:16 AM
Stormcaller3801

3 posts · Jul 2010
I can't seem to get the color selections for the comments to turn out the way that I want them to: the coloration for the text ends up just fine, as does the avatars and author comment tracking. However, when I attempt to change the color of the background on the comments, they remain white.

This doesn't appear to affect anything else. I went so far as to delete my install of Wordpress, reinstall, manually uploaded 3.5.3, and then imported settings from a prior setup. I've tried it in both Chrome and Firefox (both latest versions) without luck. Needless to say there's no other plugins or themes that could cause conflicts, and in all other respects the theme is doing exactly what I expect it to.

I've tried resetting all theme options, then going back in and just altering the color for comments; this has no effect.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 07:16 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This probably is a silly question but you are trying to change the colors via ATO>Style & configure COMMENTS. Right?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:39 AM
Stormcaller3801

3 posts · Jul 2010
Honestly at this point I've tried it via the Style & Configure Comments screen, the Forms screen, the Body screen, the Header screen, the Footer screen, and anything else I could. And as I said, I can get the 'Highlight Author Comments' colors to show up fine.

At this point the only things I cannot get to take are the colors for Regular Comment Background Color, Alternating Comment Background Color, and the grey loop around the header when I use the ata-round style (which I used as a basis for my own layout).
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:36 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Duh... Stupid me... Look in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts and you will see styling for comments there that are specifically for the round style. This overwrites what is in the Comments section.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:03 PM
Stormcaller3801

3 posts · Jul 2010
Ah- that's fixed things. Thank you.