Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

problem with %page-right menu positioning

Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:28 PM
NicGuestJelley

3 posts · Jul 2010
Hello,

I'm a first time poster. I've just recently started using the theme, but it's by far the best Wordpress press theme I've used. Great work.

I'm having a problem with the right positioning of the %page-right menu option.

http://agjblog.guest-jelley.net/

Upon opening the site, I would be able to see the menu on the right for a second, but by the time the browser finished loading it would be moved to the left. I inserted float:right to the CSS for div#menu1, and that put it into the right position. But now, it is arranging the menu items right to left while it is loading and then putting them in the correct order. Not a huge deal, but still curious about why it's doing it and how to correct it.

Also, does anyone know how to remove the extra margin/padding on the right so that the right-most menu item would be flush with the horizontal bar?

Many thanks,

Nic
Old Jul 30, 2010, 06:24 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Unfortunately that is a bug with the animated menu option. If you turn the animation off all is good. The following MIGHT work with the right margin but I haven't tested in IE.
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
margin-right: -5px;
}
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:09 AM
NicGuestJelley

3 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks!

I took off the animation to get the menu to align correctly in IE8, but I'm facing a new problem now. I did a search and couldn't find a fix. Now, in IE8 when hovering over a parent item, the menu drops down, but when trying to select one of the child items, the menu disappears. Is there a fix for this?

WP 3.0
Ata 3.5.3
Windows XP IE8
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:39 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I too get that result in IE 8 for you site but all is ok in my test site. Are you using the WordPress menu system?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 02:50 PM
NicGuestJelley

3 posts · Jul 2010
Yes, I'm using the menu system. I also deactivated all the plugins and that didn't have an affect. Maybe I can just convince everyone to switch to Firefox?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Maybe I can just convince everyone to switch to Firefox?
If only you could.