I just installed qTranslate and got the same results so I started poking through the settings an found if you go to Advanced Setting and set Date / Time Conversion to "Use strftime instead of date" the problem goes away. I'm not sure what else this will affect but it's a start.
In situations where a particular plugin may be at fault:
- Deactivate the plugin
- Test - if problem is still there you know it's not the plugin. If problem is not there go to step 3
- Reactivate the plulgin and start playing with the settings.
If you can't eliminate the problem within the setting you may have to use another plugin.