Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Is there a "Logged In" timeout for the Forum?

Old Mar 19, 2009, 08:51 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
I've noticed recently that I'm continually having to log back in to the Forum. I'll log in, type a reply, and when I go to submit it I have to log in again. (I'm not a fast typist! )

Flynn, did you change something? Is there a setting in my CP that I'm missing?

I don't know much about your hosting, or hosting in general for that matter, but I'm guessing that having a bunch of us users logged in but not really active might cause you some trouble (expense?) and I'd understand why you'd have shortened the timing.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 03:24 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I actually didn't change anything (except I increased the MySQL setting from 100 to 200 connections max). Are you checking the "Remember me" box?
Old Mar 22, 2009, 02:25 PM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
...<snip>....Are you checking the "Remember me" box?
Ummmm, no, usually not. I had always thought that had something to do with not having to re-type my username and password upon returning to a site. And, as to that, I have to type the first letter of my username. The username then appears and when I click on it my password is filled in automatically.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 03:54 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That "filling in automatically" is usually what the browser does. The browser can save passwords, and the forum can. You may have cleared your browser cache/settings so the saved username /password was deleted. You can also check the "Remember me" checkbox on the top right, then you should stay logged in, through the forum's cookie
Old Mar 24, 2009, 09:21 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Okay! I'm trying to remember to check the "Remember Me" box and see how it goes!

BTW -- hope you understand I was not complaining. I am appreciating the job you're doing. No big deal if I have to log back in now and then. I'm always just curious -- asking about how things work ...been that way since I first learned to talk = according to my mother my first word was "Why?"