Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] category link displays only text, not the embedded video

Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:26 AM
Shama

76 posts · Jun 2010
I am using wp 3.0 and ATA 351

I embedded a youtube video in a post and that works fine.
When I click on the post in the blog, the video displays.
http://thaihealingmassage.com/thai-m...d-yoga-wisdom/

I attached the video to the "Thai Massage videos" category. On my front page I put a link to this category, but when you click on the "Thai Massage videos" category, the post shows up, but the video does not display in the post, only the text, as you can see below.

http://thaihealingmassage.com/catego...assage-videos/

When you click on the post title, then the video shows up.

Someone in the wordpress forum suggested the following:

edit archive.php (or category.php if it exists) of your theme;
see if you can find a line with the_excerpt();
if yes, exchange the_excerpt(); with the_content();

I cannot find archive.php or category.php in ATA editor.

My question is: how can I get the video to display when I click on the "Thai Massage videos" category link?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You are probably displaying excerpts only on the categories page look at ato->Configure EXCERPTS and check your settings
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:06 AM
Shama

76 posts · Jun 2010
thanks, that was it!