Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How can I post to pages and not just to home page???

Old Jul 25, 2010, 03:02 PM
Shells2010

6 posts · Jul 2010
Hi, I need help!!

I am trying to create a page that I can add posts to like the home page that automatically shows new posts.

I saw this solution on http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages#Cre...Page_Templates

Where they give html to create a pageofposts.php page that will show posts from a specific category.

I did what they said and uploaded a file I created but it didnt work.

After I chose the new template and published the page just the html was visible - no posts, layout or sidebars.

Do I have to modify the pagefposts.php that they say to copy? Can this even be done with this theme?

Please help, thank you.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 03:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
In the Gold Forums Tutorials, is 'HOWTO: a 'Custom Query' PAGE template' with directions. You must donate at least $20 to get access to the gold forums. Here is part of the post
Quote:
Want to show all the posts in a category - you can do it
Want to show all the posts for several categories - you can do it
Want to show all the posts for a tag? - you can do it
Want to show all the post except those from a category? - you can do that
Want to show all stickies? - yup, you can do that too
Old Jul 25, 2010, 03:50 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are plugins that will let you show a set of posts in a particular category on a page. There is also a really neat page template in the Gold Forum Tutorials that you can have access to for the measly price of donating $20 or more to either the forum in general or to either of the moderators. I vote for me though. Really the price of admission is pretty cheap and we have to support ourselves somehow.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:19 AM
putakti

13 posts · Jul 2010
yeah. and after donating look for Custom Query post. you can make your customization there
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:51 AM
Shells2010

6 posts · Jul 2010
Hi, I am still interested in this function to ad posts to specific pages and I donated as suggested

(I dont think my user was updated - I donated from paypal

how can I get custom page templates?

is this still relevant with the Atahualpa 3.5.3?

Thank you.

Last edited by lmilesw; Sep 21, 2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: payment info deleted
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:46 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You should be able to access the Gold forum now and yes it is still relevant with 3.5.3.