Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Help get my Header width of the body

Old Jul 23, 2010, 07:25 PM
lnsokol

14 posts · Jul 2010
Hi, I am new to WP. I have blogged with blogger and got used to finding the whole css sheet easy to navigate. I am trying to get used to everything in here still. I love learning new things and have searched the forums for a while trying to find what I am looking for.

I would like to make the header the width of the body. I like the text where it is with the padding between the body and the sidebar area. Here is the link to the site
Laura Sokol Photography

I appreciate any help in the right direction.

Thanks again.

Last edited by lnsokol; Jul 24, 2010 at 01:28 AM. Reason: resolved
Old Jul 23, 2010, 08:39 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The basic idea for that would be to remove the padding for the for the container - div#container - and add it to - td#middle - .
Old Jul 23, 2010, 09:29 PM
lnsokol

14 posts · Jul 2010
Is that found on the 'ADD HTML/CSS INSERTS' area? I didn't see the div#container just a div#imagecontainer.
Found the td#middle and it had 'removing the padding here and putting them on the sidebars instead. That way the middle column aligns nicely with the header when there are no sidebars'
Old Jul 23, 2010, 09:39 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Some of the selectors are figured out with experience in the theme. I usually wander through the setting first and if I can't find what I'm looking for I use Firebug to find the selector. Then I just use something like the following and put it into ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts.
HTML Code:
div#container {
padding: 0 !important;
}
Old Jul 23, 2010, 09:49 PM
lnsokol

14 posts · Jul 2010
Larry!!! Thank you sooo much! I asked my hubby what fire bug was and he said... oh this. He has it on his computer. (he's a graphic designer) I like learning this on my own but FORUMS ROCK! I wish I could throw money to pay pal for ya. But aren't tons of paying clients at the moment. Too many momtogs doing it for free in my area. I wish I could pick your brain. You are awesome!!!

Thanks for being so understanding and patient with all of us beginners. See ya round here I'm sure.

Much appreciated,
Laura S

Last edited by lnsokol; Jul 23, 2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Solved!