Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Page Title and Description

Old Jul 9, 2010, 01:13 PM
Auskar

4 posts · Jul 2010
Portland
I used "search" to try and find this issue (and I am under-qualified) -- what I want is a page title and description for the home page that is "meatier" than the one I have now.

I know there must be a way to get it done, but I can't figure out how.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 01:30 PM
Auskar

4 posts · Jul 2010
Portland
I figured out how to change the description.

The title?

I can change that too, but it also changes the visible title on the page. I don't really want to do that, certainly not in all CAPS.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 01:51 PM
Auskar

4 posts · Jul 2010
Portland
I'm going to figure out how to do this myself (which I used to do).

Under "Atahualpa Them options " > "Header Area" > "Style and Edit Header Area" -

there is a section called "Blog Title" filled with CSS instructions. If you change the word after "text transform:" to "none" you get rid of all caps.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 02:19 PM
Auskar

4 posts · Jul 2010
Portland
Under "Settings" > "General" you can remove the page title so it doesn't show, then type anything in there you want. It shows up in the browser (and presumably in Google) but not on the page.

Now I have accomplished everything I set out to do.

Till later.