Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Page area width

Old Jul 9, 2010, 02:10 AM
infinito62

2 posts · Jul 2010
Hi there,
Is there a way to know central page width (i.e. LAYOUT width minus ALL sidebars)?
What I actually need is to set the witdth of an Accordillion FX so that it fits inside the Page width according to browser width. (you can see it at the developing site http://sylogic1.zucchetti.com/ctcolombo).
Thanks very much
Riccardo
Old Jul 9, 2010, 03:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it depends on weithor you have set the layout to have a fixed width or not.
if you have a fixed width page, then the center area = pagewidth - width of sidebars
otherwise the center area is a variable width

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 13, 2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 06:03 PM
JulieBMack

35 posts · Jul 2010
My site is Love Musings and I am using 3.5.1... along these lines, is there a way to adjust the actually width of the post itself. In other words, there is a gap between the post and the sidebars. I changed the center column to a different color. There is no inner sidebars. It seems like there is padding next to the center column. You can not tell right now since I removed the color from the sidebars...
Old Jul 13, 2010, 07:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What do you have set for the center styling?
Old Jul 13, 2010, 07:12 PM
JulieBMack

35 posts · Jul 2010
Yep, that was it.. thanks for the "lightbulb" that triggered my memory!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 02:46 AM
Kesava

21 posts · Jun 2010
Are you talking about the "Center column style"? I have the same question as Julie, but I can't see how I can widen the post area. The default values are set for that option, I can't see how I'd extend it.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 04:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Kesava, the width of the center area id dynamically calculated and is roughly calculated as
center area width = layout width - sidebar widths
so if you want your center area bigger, make the layout bigger or make the sidebars smaller