Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] How can I get more posts to show up on archive/category pages?

Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:05 PM
cowgrrrl

29 posts · Jun 2010
Under Settings, I have set my blog to show a maximum of two posts. This is what I would like on the main page. However, that setting also apparently applies to all pages, including the archives and category pages.

Is there a way that I can show more posts on these secondary pages?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 03:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You shoul set the posts in the dashboard-settings-reading to the max you want on any page, then in ato-style & edit center column-The LOOP you coulees add some php logic to only display 2 posts if you are on the format page. See the example in the documentation on the page and change the == to <
Old Jun 25, 2010, 06:44 PM
cowgrrrl

29 posts · Jun 2010
OK, I found the loop and experimented with the code examples, but I'm not quite getting it. Can you show me what exactly this code should say (for two posts on the home page)?

[?php if ( is_front_page() AND $bfa_ata['postcount'] < 2 ) { ?>

<?php } ?]

(I changed the end brackets to avoid any potential problems.)

Also, does it matter where in the loop it goes?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The first line should be
HTML Code:
<?php if ( is_front_page() AND ($bfa_ata['postcount'] < 3)) { ?>
and will be the very first line of ato->Style & Edit Center Area->The LOOP
And the other line
HTML Code:
<?php } ?>
will be the very last line of The LOOP
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:13 PM
cowgrrrl

29 posts · Jun 2010
Well, that did exactly what I wanted on the home page -- thanks! -- but it somehow seriously screwed up the rest of my site. Other pages are missing most of their content now.

??

http://patiastephens.com/wordpress/
Old Jun 26, 2010, 03:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
My fault, I aways forget about the rest of the pages. In englist what you have now says'If you are on the front page and this is the first or second post display it" but you need 'or this is not the front page'
so change teh first line to
HTML Code:
<?php if ( (is_front_page() AND ($bfa_ata['postcount'] < 3)) OR (!is_front_page()) ) { ?>
Old Jun 26, 2010, 11:10 AM
cowgrrrl

29 posts · Jun 2010
That worked! Thank you!