Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

External stylsheet

Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:46 AM
msjones

4 posts · Mar 2009
I am using your Atahualpa 3 theme. I have played with the theme options to get it looking the way I want. When looking in the page source I notice that Atahualpa is inserting the css inline instead of linking to external stylesheet. So I end up with over 700 lines of css code in my header. It looks like that css is coming from the options I selected under "Atahualpa theme options" from wordpress menu. Is there a way to have it link to the stylesheet rather than inserting it inline?
Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2009, 03:16 PM
heyjudejam

1 posts · Mar 2009
I just started using this theme and I find that a major drawback as it doesn't coincide with the current web standards of separating style from code. Maybe a revision will change this?
Old Mar 20, 2009, 10:12 AM
msjones

4 posts · Mar 2009
I came across this while reading the README.txt in the Atahualpa directory.

Quote:
- The actual CSS styles for Atahualpa3 are located in style.css and header.php
After you're totally done with all your customizations, you could view the source
code of your site in the browser, cut the CSS rules from the header section, and paste them at the
bottom of style.css. Then remove the dynamic CSS part from header.php. That would save around 8-12 kbyte per pageview.
Might be what we're looking for!
Old Mar 20, 2009, 02:16 PM
owenl

44 posts · Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjudejam
I just started using this theme and I find that a major drawback as it doesn't coincide with the current web standards of separating style from code. Maybe a revision will change this?
The problem for Flynn in doing this is that he is abstracting the design into the theme options in order to make the theme really customizable for ordinary users. But you cannot do that with wordpress and keep code and style separate. He used to do the only halfway trick you can which is to use a style.php file, but the wordpress people told him that would break in future versions of wordpress, so he is doing what he can.

Incidentally, if you use the HTML/CSS options page in the theme options and dump CSS overrides into that, they will all work - but it is your responsibility to make sure they don't override other css options...