Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Remove page title from certain pages

Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:56 PM
misterfriend

17 posts · Mar 2010
Hello
I want to remove the page title from certain pages on my site while keeping the page name in the menu bar.
I found this code in an earlier post to put into the Loop

<?php if (!is_page() ) { bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); } ?>

But this removes the title from all pages. How do I specify individual pages? As you can tell I'm still trying to get my head round php so bear with me if this seems obvious
Cheers
Old Jun 7, 2010, 02:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags
Old Jun 7, 2010, 03:13 PM
misterfriend

17 posts · Mar 2010
Hmm.
I added this line in the loop

<?php if (is_page('40') ) { bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); } ?>

But it adds the title (so I have it twice) to page 40 instead of removing it. What am i doing wrong?
Thanks
Old Jun 7, 2010, 03:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you don't want to add the line, you want to replace the existig line. And since you dont want it to show on that page, you need the NOT symbol (which is the exclamation point - '!') like your original post
Old Jun 7, 2010, 03:40 PM
misterfriend

17 posts · Mar 2010
Brilliant! Slowly getting my head round basic php and this was very helpful.
You are a genius
cheers