Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Trouble adjusting the height of the header area

Old May 31, 2010, 03:09 PM
acoc100

8 posts · May 2010
I added my own header as the header image and I set the header image height option under
the header image seciton of the theme option to 1000 pixles and saved it but it had no effect on my site

What am i doing wrong?
Old May 31, 2010, 03:26 PM
rosetrees

108 posts · Mar 2009
I think you mean the width? 1000px is very high for a header - I usually use a height of around 200px.

In "Style and Edit Header Area" - look for the white box at the bottom of the first section, titled "Configure header area".

Remove all the new code that has been added which allows the header image to have something beside it and replace it with this:

%logo %image %pages

I think that will give you more the effect you are looking for.

Just note too, that the header image width then becomes the width of your site, set under "style and configure layout" and the header image height is an option in "Header image".
Old May 31, 2010, 04:32 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You are also using the default2 theme setting file which has those gray background bars. You would probably like the default, round, or classic theme setting file better. To see how to change that here is a video. Those setting files are part of the Atahualpa 3.5.1 download in the Styles folder.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 03:13 AM
acoc100

8 posts · May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
You are also using the default2 theme setting file which has those gray background bars. You would probably like the default, round, or classic theme setting file better. To see how to change that here is a video. Those setting files are part of the Atahualpa 3.5.1 download in the Styles folder.
Thanks i did that it is much better.
I have another question if you dont mind.
I was looking at the page menu bar options
but i dont see an option to centre the menu bar is this possible?
Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2010, 03:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Look at the Style & Edit Header Area options