Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

size of header

Old May 30, 2010, 08:34 PM
jennmdp71

3 posts · May 2010
hello -
does anyone know the exact size of the main header? I want to make it the exact, correct size in Illustrator and then export it.
Thanks in advance.
I am new to these forums and am looking forward to learning alot!
Jenn
Old May 31, 2010, 03:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the header image size is defined by the width of the page and the height defined in the header image options. If you want a fixed width page, you will have to set that in teh options or else the page width will vary based on teh viewer resizing the window.
Old May 31, 2010, 12:16 PM
jennmdp71

3 posts · May 2010
Thanks! I totally understand what you are saying, but should I just experiement with different size jpegs then?
Thanks again!
Old May 31, 2010, 01:14 PM
rosetrees

108 posts · Mar 2009
This is how I do it.

Start by setting the width of the site in "style and configure layout". I usually use something between 900 - 980px.

Now that I know the width I go and design a header that looks reasonable - using the width I chose previously. I usually use Paint.net.

Once the header is ready - check the dimensions. In Paint.net - go to Image/resize to see what dimensions the image is - this will tell you the height.

Then go back to the Atahualpa options, go to "Header image" and set the height of your finished header image.

Save the header image and ftp it to "wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header2 - remembering to delete the default images.

Hope that helps
Old May 31, 2010, 06:10 PM
jennmdp71

3 posts · May 2010
thanks - that helped. I am a graphic designer, so I just have to think of things now in a different way.
My header is up -
www.sweetdesignrelief.com
I will take any suggestions...
THANKS AGAIN!
Old May 31, 2010, 07:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It really looks fine unless you have a wide monitor and view the page at a very wide width. I am only mentioning this because you said you were a graphic designer and it you said you now have to "think of things in a different way" which is refreshing for a web person to hear. Web pages because of their dynamic nature do indeed add some wrinkles to designing graphics so I wanted to throw a little extra info out.

With that said I would either set the site to fixed or maximum width or you could add the following to the CSS Inserts area.
HTML Code:
#imagecontainer  {
background-color:#282523 !important;
}
The above code gives the image a background the same color as the background in the image so no matter how wide the site is viewed it will still look OK instead of white.