Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

400 Bad Request on saving "Add HTML/CSS inserts"

Old May 12, 2010, 06:50 AM
mptorr

13 posts · Aug 2009
Just migrated my blog to a new server. Everything works fine, DNS are pointing to new server.

Atahualpa works fine, except when I want to save a CSS insert. I get a 400 Bad Request when hitting save -- the address bar shows

http://www.myblog.com/wp-admin/theme...php&saved=true

This only happens when saving in "Add HTML/CSS inserts". All other ATA tabs save without problems.

Any idea what happened?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mptorr; May 15, 2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
do you have an .htaccess file? What is in it?

what happens if you change something else on that page?
Old May 12, 2010, 07:24 AM
mptorr

13 posts · Aug 2009
Sorry juggledad, forgot to include those details --

WP 2.9.2
ATA 3.4.1

Saving in the other inserts fields also causes the error.

.htaccess contains:

rewrite engine on
directoryindex index.php
magic quotes off
automatic session start off
suhosin session off
PHP4 compatibility off
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
CSS-JS booster plugin instructions (several expires)
Old May 12, 2010, 10:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Check your sites error log to see if there is more information. You are going to have to dig into this one since it is an environment (site) issue. There must be something different about this site from the other.

The save should be like all the other saves in the theme options.
Old May 12, 2010, 12:26 PM
mptorr

13 posts · Aug 2009
Thanks juggledad.

I'll check into the logs -- but would upgrading ATA be a reasonable solution to this issue?
Old May 12, 2010, 03:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Itwouldn't hurt. For now just go to 3.4.6
Old May 12, 2010, 05:04 PM
mptorr

13 posts · Aug 2009
Upgraded to 3.4.6 but still have the error. This is very curious because it only happens with the HTML/CSS inserts tab.

Is there any specific error log file I should look into? The ones I found under root, wp-admin, wp-content do not show any recent (ie today) error messages.
Old May 12, 2010, 08:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'd be looking for the Apache2 error.log and access.log
other things to check, what version of PHP
how much php memory do you have
Who is the host
Old May 12, 2010, 08:40 PM
mptorr

13 posts · Aug 2009
The host is Nexcess.

Good news: I removed all code from the html/css boxes. Then I put the code back in -- and the HTML/CSS Save function worked. Go figure. So this problem is SOLVED.

Bad news: Initially I thought only the HTML/CSS tab was having problems. There is an error when saving in the "Style and Edit Center column" tab. When I click Save, I get:

501 Method Not Implemented
POST to /wp-admin/themes.php not supported

This happens on FF, Safari, Chrome.
Old May 13, 2010, 04:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you need to talk to the host's tech support. Here is what I found on the web
Quote:
ixing 501 errors - general

This error should be very rare in any Web browser. It is more likely if the client is not a Web browser - particularly if the Web server is old. In either case if the client has specified a valid request type, then the Web server is either responding incorrectly or simply needs to be upgraded.
Old May 15, 2010, 09:30 AM
mptorr

13 posts · Aug 2009
juggledad, just an update on this issue --

this problem is caused by an Apache server running mod_secure which will prevent certain actions from happening for security reasons.

i wonder if this is because the Center Column tab actually edits PHP -- this error did not happen with any other tab like the ones that affect CSS etc.

the only way around this was to have my host add an exception to the action that was being hampered by mod_secure when clicking save -- typically the ID to this error/rule can be found on the apache error logs.

there's some info here
http://weblogtoolscollection.com/arc...t-implemented/

anyway, thanks for helping solve the problem. now the blog and backend are running fine.