Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Sub Menu problems

Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:56 PM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
I've been trying to get this site's menu looking good for some time. Went away from it for a while and finally got back to it. Started from scratch and making some headway.

Have the main menu bar looking the way we want it with the right gradient. However, somewhere along the line the arrows showing that there are additional menu items have disappeared. I do have it set for black in the settings. The menu code is below.

Also all of the sub menu items are white which I can live with but would prefer to have a color or maybe even a gradient. How can I get the same gradient on those? I'd like to have a line between each item but no borders on the main. I've played with settings and been reading posts for several hours and I've given up. I'm so close. (I think)

I also think I may have some excess code that doesn't belong but at this point I'm afraid to remove it. Thanks!!

Site is The Moxxability Group

div#menu1 {
border: solid 0px #ffffff;
}

ul.rMenu li a:link,
ul.rMenu li a:hover,
ul.rMenu li a:active,
ul.rMenu li a:visited,
ul.rMenu li {
background: none !important;
}

div#menu1,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
background: none;
}
/* ================================================== */
/* CSS for setting menu padding */
/* ================================================== */
ul.rMenu li {
padding-top: 0px;
margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
}
ul.rMenu-ver li {
padding-top: 5px;
margin-top: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
}
/* ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ */

ul.rMenu,
div#menu1 {
height:22px;
border-style:transparent;
border-top-color:transparent;
border-top-width:0px;
background-color: transparent;
background:url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/menugradient1.gif) repeat-x !important;
}
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:link,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:hover,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:visited,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:active
{
padding: 1px 17px;
}
div#menu1 {
border-top: solid 3px #transparent;
border-right: solid 0px #transparent;
border-bottom: solid 1px #transparent;
border-left: solid 0px #transparent;
}
}
div#menu1 table {
border-bottom: transparent 10px #ffffff;
border-top: transparent 0px #ffffff;
Old May 2, 2010, 05:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) your actual CSS does not reflect what you put in the post. There is a line
HTML Code:
* ================================================ *
which is NOT a comment, comments begin with '/*' and end with '*/' so that may cause problems

2) you are missing a closing '}' in the last CSS selector and you have an extra '}' just before it.

3) set the gradient at 'div#menu1 {' and make the color for 'div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a {' transparent
Old May 3, 2010, 07:01 PM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
It didn't match because I got in and was trying to make some changes myself. As you can see, I can make a mess quickly. I will try to make the changes you've given. Did the first 2 already but trying to figure out exactly where to put this other code.

Thanks for your help.