Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] whats is the dynamic CSS in the Header.php?

Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:27 PM
Briggsm8

9 posts · Apr 2010
Brisbane
Soo i need to remove the dymanic css from the header.php but i don't know what the hell it looks like to be able to find it in the code..... just took me 20mins to find how to add this thread. ehh...
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and wp?
What is your URL?

Why do you want to remove the CSS?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 05:15 PM
Briggsm8

9 posts · Apr 2010
Brisbane
Heyy,

I have wp 2.9.2 and Atahualpa 3.4.6, what i am trying to do is speed up the site a little by cutting the css rules from the header in the websites code viewed in the browser and pasting it at the bottom of the style.css file in Atahualpa. That is what i have done so far, but it is telling me to remove the dynamic css from the header.php. The website is http://www.briggs-motor-repairs.com.au/

Here is the part i was just following and got stuck with.

- The actual CSS styles for Atahualpa3 are located in style.css and header.php
After you're totally done with all your customizations, you could view the source
code of your site in the browser, cut the CSS rules from the header section, and paste them at the
bottom of style.css. Then remove the dynamic CSS part from header.php. That would save around 8-12 kbyte per pageview.
It starts with:
<style type="text/css">
body {
<?php echo $bfa_ata['body_style']; ?>
}
Ends with:
background-image: url(<?php echo get_bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/images/expand-down<?php echo ($bfa_ata['cat_menu_arrows'] == "white" ? "-white" : ""); ?>.gif);
}
<?php } ?>
<?php echo $bfa_ata['html_inserts_css']; ?>
</style>

Thanks, Andrew
Old Apr 29, 2010, 07:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
To use the CSS statically, here is what you should do.
1) set the CSS for INTERNAL (ato->Configure CSS & JS->CSS: External file or inline?
2) view a page then view the source of the page
3) copy the page source to a text editor
4) delete everything from the begining or the file to the line begining with <style type="text/css">

If you have ato->Configure CSS & JS->CSS: Compress? set to 'NO' it will be followed by
HTML Code:
/* ------------------------------------------------------------------
---------- BASE LAYOUT ----------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------ */
If you have ato->Configure CSS & JS->CSS: Compress? set to 'YES' it will be followed by one long line of CSS searting with
HTML Code:
body{text-align:center;margin:0;padding:0;.....
5) delete everything from the end of the css to the end of the file
6) delete the text '<style type="text/css">' at the begining
7) delete the text '</style>' at the end
8) copy the remainder and paste it to the end of style.css
9) edit header.php and find lines 9-11 which should look like this
HTML Code:
<?php # if ( $bfa_ata['css_external'] == "External" ) { ?>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http:<?php echo $bfa_ata['get_option_home']; ?>/?bfa_ata_file=css" type="text/css" media="all" />
<?php } ?>
replace these lines with
HTML Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http:yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-content/ataualpa/style.css" type="text/css" media="all" />
make sure the url is correct and save the file

That's it. NOTE: If you change any options in the theme, you will have to rebuilt the style.css for them to show up.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 05:23 PM
Briggsm8

9 posts · Apr 2010
Brisbane
Thank You Juggledad. Very helpful you do a good job

just for anyone else you need to change the css to external and make sure you check the link in <link rel="stylesheet" href="http:yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-content/atahualpa/style.css" type="text/css" media="all" /> to see if you can see the css in your browser.

Andrew.

Last edited by Briggsm8; Apr 29, 2010 at 06:57 PM.