Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » FAQ - Atahualpa » Header »

[SOLVED] Specify header image per post

Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:18 PM
scurry

3 posts · Apr 2010
I've read over these forums for hours and have not been able to find the solution. I found JuggleDads solution for setting the header image based on category or page (thanks JD), but it does not work on posts, at least not for me.
I am using mod rewrite, so even though my post id number is 641 the url reads as the name of the post. Using the url in my css inserts has been working for the categories.
I've been making my changes in the css inserts section for the categories, and again they work perfect.
Any help is appreciated.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 06:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the mod wrwrite doesn't matter. What you want to do is view the page, then view the source of the page and fine the '<body...'statement. This will give you something like this on a single post page
HTML Code:
<body class="single postid-638 logged-in">
you can now use the postid-638 for this post in the css so the headerimage override would be
HTML Code:
body.postid-638 div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url(http://yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/yourpage.jpg) !important;}

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 22, 2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 06:17 AM
scurry

3 posts · Apr 2010
Juggledad,

Thanks so much! I was trying post-id instead of postid

You rock!

Thanks again!

Ken