Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Someone posts a comment. Is there a way to prohibit them posting a URL?

Old Apr 20, 2010, 02:03 AM
treeplant

35 posts · Mar 2010
Someone posts a comment. Is there a way to prohibit them posting a URL link which shows up as a link to their name?

I realize I can edit the comment and remove the URL, but was wondering if there is a way to prevent posting of URL's in the first place

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You will have to look for a plugin to do this, there is nothing built in
Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:30 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I was curious about the availability of a plugin for this and started searching. Much to my surprise I found very little. The only thing I could come up with is an old plugin not found on the WordPress.org site called Literal Comments. I can't speak to it's functionality but thought I would pass off the link.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:39 AM
treeplant

35 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks, I'll take a look.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:40 PM
Palyn

1 posts · Apr 2010
Colorado
Hmmm. This thread would help me too. Unfortunately it looks like that plugin only disables HTML within the comment text box, and not the link that their name becomes.

Keep on truckin'.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:10 PM
treeplant

35 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks for checking. Guess will have to do it manually.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well you could always try writting a plugin yourself...