Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Fatal error - Comments not showing

Old Mar 20, 2010, 02:08 PM
velemiran

1 posts · Mar 2010
Hello everyone! Great theme, amazing forum. Definitely planning to donate.

In other news, I'm having an issue with comments on my blog since re-designing the site a few days ago. When someone comments, I get the regular notification e-mail, and everything seems fine on their end. But then no comment is displayed, rather, there's this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function delete_comment_link() in /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/88357/domains/johnnytherocket.com/html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_custom_comments.php on line 25

(You can see it happen here: http://bit.ly/aDUpcn) Now, I've played around with functions.php, using a solution Flynn recommended on this board for killing off the Post options. But never touched anything on bfa_custom_comments.php.

URL: http://www.johnnytherocket.com
Wordpress: 2.9.2.
Atahualpa: 3.4.6.

Any ideas or tips would be great! I really need the comments working. Thank you.
M.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 03:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
function delete_comment_link($id) is line 634 in function.php
sounds like your changes to function..php have had some unexpected consequences
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:14 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
This has just happened to me, too, after I deleted the code in functions.php that produces the Atahualpa Page Options. For now, I'm going to put the code back because we need the comments to work more than we need to get rid of the page options. Can you come up with a fix?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:08 AM
ClearStreams

7 posts · Apr 2010
Northern Michigan
I've recently run into something similar, and was hoping for some assistance. Here's what our comments look like....

Fatal error: Call to undefined function delete_comment_link() in /home/content/87/5784087/html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_custom_comments.php on line 25

You can view one here >> http://ow.ly/4fLB9

URL: http://www.luresecure.com
Wordpress: 3.1
Atahualpa: 3.4.6

Any ideas? Can I just replace the function.php ?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 09:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
First thing I would do is a manual upgrade and install 3.6.4 in a separate folder (see HOWTO: upgrade Atahualpa to a new version )

With both versions in the themes folder, you can swap back and forth.

The reason I would do this is to see if the changes in wordpress are causing the issue.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:21 PM
ClearStreams

7 posts · Apr 2010
Northern Michigan
Thanks juggledad! I'll let you know how it goes.