Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Right sidebar missing in IE, ok in Firefox

Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:32 PM
sbourk

3 posts · Mar 2010
wp version: 2.9.2
Atahualpa 3.4.6

I disabled the cache
I uninstalled all the plugins nothing happened, same results
I deactivated all the widgets.. nothing happened, same results
I deleted all the themes.. same results.
I uninstalled and reinstall atahualpa, same results.

I am out of idea.. should I uninstall and reinstall wordpress?

S.

Last edited by sbourk; Oct 22, 2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:45 AM
sbourk

3 posts · Mar 2010
well, even after a complete re-installation of wordpress, it doesn't work.. I still cannot see the right sidebar in IE8.
Firefox is all good..

Last edited by sbourk; Oct 22, 2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 06:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It's not the sidebar, its one of the posts. Look at the page and you will see it ends during one of the posts.

Your problem is with the CONTENTS of one of your posts. You must have done a copy/paste from WORD because there is a ton of 'formatting' as part of the post - it' the post ID 1144 just before the
Quote:
Me voilà sur le pouce en direction d’Asheville. Gaia devait venir me rejoindre au magasin de plein air après avoir échangé le gros sac Gregory et trouver un sac pour ma caméra. Curieusement, à toute les fois que je suis en ville, il fait beau. Un ciel bleu sans nuage, sans vent, qui dure et dure. Le printemps revient à la charge, YEAH!
It's funny how all the other browsers can ignore this formatitng junk that is in a Word document, but IE chokes with it.

There is a button WordPress provides to strip WORD formatting from a PASTE, you should use it.
Take a look at the post in the HTML editor and remove the 'garbage'
Old Oct 22, 2010, 05:50 PM
sbourk

3 posts · Mar 2010
Thank you for your help!